Friday, November 12, 2010

Honey Mustard Turkey Wraps

I know recipes can be ridiculously simple at times, however, I think it's always nice to get fresh ideas for how to use typical ingredients. I made these wraps for lunch the other day and my 2-year-old son and I really enjoyed them. They would be great for busy, working ladies to take on the go or for moms at home who need something a little different to eat for lunch. They fresh and very low fat.

Serves 2

1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 whole wheat tortillas (my favorite brand is Tumaros Honey Wheat, made without lard and with very little added sweeteners)
1 cup spring mix salad
4 sliced turkey deli meat (I used peppered turkey breast and it was awesome!)

Combine the honey and the mustard. Spread a 1/2 the mixture down the center of each tortilla, reserving the other half. Spread it around the tortilla, using the back of the spoon. Place two slices of turkey down the center of each tortilla and top with 1/2 cup of the salad. Drizzle the remaining honey mustard over the salad. Roll up and slice on a diagonal in half. Enjoy with fresh fruit and brown rice chips for a perfect lunch!

1 comment: