Monday, October 6, 2008

Dad's Mexican Cornbread



I'm sure my sisters will remember my dad baking this cornbread on random Saturdays. It was almost always gone by the time we sat down to eat dinner, because we snacked on it all day. My favorite time to eat it is right when it comes out of the oven and its nice and hot. I love to serve it with chili and with my taco soup (recipe to follow this one). Its so easy to make and SO yummy! It's a great crowd-pleaser
!

1 1/2 c. cornmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. canola/vegetable oil
1 can creamed corn
1 1/2 onions diced
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar or more if you really love cheese like I do!
3 eggs, beaten
bottled jalapeno pepper rings, minced (amount to taste. I usually dice up a small palm full)

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Bake in a 350 degree oven for one hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments: